About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION CAN SIT ANYWHERE IN THE NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND AREA
The Business Development Officer II is responsible to identify, market, and sell SBA Products to the small business marketplace, specifically medical and dental.. The job will plan, develop and price all products, enhance marketing materials and package any new products or services so they may be effectively underwritten. There is also responsibility to analyze competition and market share statistics to assist in developing marketing strategies. Job Requirements • Works independently to develop and solicit new business from present and prospective clients to increase revenue base and overall profitability. Conduct calls on prospects, clients, internal referral sources and external referral sources to assure service requirements are met and new business opportunities are realized.
• Develops broader knowledge base of more complex commercial and other Company products and services, including loan policy and documentation.
• Maintain continual dialogue and close working relationships with other bank officers, member of the bar, certified public and municipal accountants, financial advisors, underwriters and governmental officials.
• Maintains established market presence and extensive network of outside referral sources of new business.
• Ensures that own work as well as work of more junior Employees are within compliance with SBA guidelines
• Enhance and modify marketing materials and remain current and competitive in the Small Business marketplace.
• Understands how to structure the most complex SBA deals.
• Maintain more complex commercial banking relationship with prospects
• Cross-sell deposit, trade, cash management, foreign exchange, private banking, asset management, and other services
• Underwrite new credits;
• responsibilities related to the portfolio
• Communicates credit decisions to prospects and Customers as directed and negotiates specific terms and conditions for loans within parameters defined by credit decisions Qualifications • 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 5-7 years related experience
• Strong sales experience preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of commercial banking practices, including credit analysis.
• Demonstrated knowledge of corporate trust procedures, operations and systems.
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
• Sound collaborative skills to build and maintain proactive involvement with all levels of staff and vendors
• Attentive to client relationship development
• Outstanding prospecting skills
• Strong credit skill involvement with all levels of staff and vendors. Hours 9-5:30 Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Maine City (Primary) Portland ProvState 2 New Hampshire City(s) 2 Bedford ProvState 3 New York City(s) 3 Albany ProvState 4 Vermont City(s) 4 Burlington
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.