Eaton Hastings is hiring for a 2nd Shift Heat Treat Technician.
This position is responsible for ensuring safe and efficient operation of various Heat Treat equipment to ensure compliance with all quality standards of finished parts.
- Must work consistently to maintain safe and healthy working conditions, to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injury and illness and to observe Federal, State, local and company safety and health regulations.
- Must reflect an interest in company safety and health objectives and required to set a good example by always observing the rules as a part of the normal work routine.
- Expected to follow safe working practices, obey rules and regulations, and work in a way that maintains the high safety and health standards developed and sanctioned by the company.
- Monitor and maintain Heat Treat equipment, material handling systems operations..
- Perform operator-related preventative maintenance and cleaning as required.
- Perform work in a non-climate controlled environment, under periods of extreme heat.
- Ensure that job operations maintain or improve product quality. Stop and correct job operation if product quality is affected negatively.
- Complete all documentation associated with production.
- Maintain accurate records and logs as required.
- Work directly with other Line Personnel, Maintenance, Quality Assurance and Leadership Team members to problem solve and correct production-related issues.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment and of company assets.
- Adhere to and comply with all ISO 14001/EHS, TS 16949 standards, procedures, and guidelines
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Hastings, NE to be considered for this position
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.