Heavy Assembler/Machine Set Up Operator
Location: Newport, North Carolina
Posted: December 09, 2016
Reference ID: 141673706
Assemble and finish for a variety of products/units following standard work instructions and processes
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
• Set up, operate and maintain all equipment and machinery to meet production schedules and comply with all manufacturing procedures related to the operation.
• Produce good quality product within the approved time standards.
• Machines and tools used include the following: small hand tools, air, electric and pneumatic tools, pipe threader, flow meters, and drill motor.
• Follows all safety rules and procedures.
• Stores and/or moves materials within the work environment.
• Read shop packets, bill of materials, and related drawings.
• Assemble and finish products using standard assembly and packing methods.
• Ability to be cross-trained in other department functions as needed
• Include use of small hand tools such as: pliers, screwdrivers, and electric drills etc.
• Simple fitting and adjusting to liberal tolerances
• Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively participate in a team environment