**Requisition ID:** 26250BR
**Job Title:** Heavy Equipment PM Technician
**Division:** 4178: Roosevelt Regional MSW L/F
**Location:** 53210: Roosevelt-500 Roosevelt Grade
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
The Heavy Equipment Preventive Maintenance (PM) Technician performs preventive maintenance service on all types of trucks and/or equipment, including diesel and non-diesel, to maximize safe and productive operations. The primary purpose of the Heavy Equipment PM Technician is to focus on preventative maintenance and other mechanic type tasks and services.
• Performs preventative maintenance and basic repairs on electrical, diesel and gasoline vehicles, including compactor, excavator, wheel loader, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations.
• Inspects truck and/or heavy equipment for condition, operation and fluid levels. Identifies and designates problems with equipment.
• Power washes equipment as is necessary.
• Checks, fills and changes appropriate fluids for all vehicle parts including engine, transmission, differentials, final drives, pump drives and hubs.
• Greases, oils and lubricates components during preventive maintenance service.
• Performs adjustments to various systems during preventive maintenance service.
• Maintains and/or changes air, oil, coolant and fuel filters.
• Performs cooling systems maintenance.
• Checks safety equipment on truck and/or equipment.
• Inspects tires according to Republic Services Tire Maintenance Standards.
• Completes paperwork associated with preventive maintenance services and repairing equipment, documenting parts usage and accounting for applied times (i.e., work order times compared to time card times).
• Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil usage, and provide information for input into Dossier, Republic Services Fleet Management Software system.
• Drives truck and/or equipment in and out of repair area.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Mechanical Trade
School certificate or degree.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position requiring knowledge and application of OSHA Haz Com; OSHA Lock Out Tag Out and all OSHA Fire Protection regulations.
• Valid driver license.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a maintenance role that included supervised training by a certified technician, or completion of a certified maintenance program.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications.
• During employment, a technician may be required to complete the Republic PM Program and the One Fleet Republic Way program or any other relevant and applicable training program.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.