Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
WM Field Risk is seeking to hire an Analyst or Associate to assist with Field Risk project management, coordinate Heightened Supervision Committee meetings, expense management, and provide support for the review and approval of policy exceptions among other things. The candidate will provide support for various projects and other functions. The role will involve collecting and analyzing data and information, creating reports and metrics for Senior Risk, Field and Executive management, participating in the development and implementation of action plans for initiatives involving supervision, branch exam and targeted assessment--related remediations, among other things. The role will involve working with a broad range of stakeholders and business partners within Wealth Management including Compliance, Field Management Service, Technology and Operations, among others, across the Firm.
Primary Responsibilities :
This person will report to one or more EDs. The individual will work closely with them and other team members to drive strategic projects and initiatives, report on risk metrics and develop presentations to Sr. Management. The candidate must have strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to take complex information and simplify for communication and presentation to Sr. Management. Individual must be a self-starter, a problem-solver and creative, with a strong commitment to Firm and client guardianship. The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and become involved in a diverse set of issues and have a direct impact on the future success of the group.
Required Qualifications :
• 4 years of financial services experience, previous Morgan Stanley Wealth Management experience a plus
• General familiarity with and/or strong aptitude for WM Risk, Compliance, Legal and AML principles
• General familiarity with or strong aptitude for WM investment products and service and supervisory processes
• Prior Field (Risk or Service), Business, Field Management, Audit, Compliance, Legal or Operations experience a plus
• Strong analytical skills
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, VISIO, Access and v-lookups
• Ability to work well with colleagues across a diverse range of working groups in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent problem-solving and business judgment
• Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability and willingness to voice ideas, in addition to following instructions
• Self-starter with strong project management capabilities and an attention to detail
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.