- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software
- Ability to track and diagnose software installation and run-time issues.
- Experience in working with SQL databases and run queries in order to be able to troubleshoot or resolve a software issue.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Field incoming help requests from end-users via both telephone e-mail and ticketing system in a courteous manner.
- Support end-user workstation, laptops, thin clients and printers.
- Provide support to the end-user with the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and back office software solutions.
- Work directly with software development to ensure quick resolutions to software issues
- Supports end-user activities on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN) utilizing TCP/IP
- Investigate user problems and identifies their source, determines possible solutions, tests and implements solutions
- Image, install, configure and maintain Company computers, network printers, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, software and systems
- Perform and/or oversee software and application installation and upgrades
- Troubleshoots TCP/IP Networks, computer systems and applications to resolve issues and other operational difficulties
- Assist personnel of other departments with all hardware/software related questions/issues
- Provide computer orientation to new and existing company staff
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network
- Check out, configure, and maintain all Motorola RF devices, mobile and stationary Zebra printers, and radios to warehouse personnel
- Complete damaged equipment RMA process as needed.
- Asset tag, track, and update all IT inventory within the Mobile Asset database
- Operate Equipment Room to control operational technology inventory
Additional Information:This role is part-time (20-25 hrs. per week) Shift: Friday and Saturday OR Saturday and Sunday (4PM-2AM) (10 hr. shift with 1 hr. break) Flexibility would be needed.About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.