Under direct supervision, provides entry-level quality customer support from an information technology (IT) Help Desk and/or Call Center. Responsible for responding to incoming calls received via telephone, intranet, e-mail, and fax from external and internal customers including field technicians. Responsible for logging service requests data into tracking system, and notifying appropriate support technicians with specific service request and service level information. Responsible for moving parts used, monitoring call activity, and closing calls in designated call tracking systems. There is a detailed KI (Knowledge Item) database with common issues and troubleshooting steps to resolve frequent issues. The service desk rep will have access to this information but will not alter this information. Calls and Incidents coming in will vary depending on call volumes. Typically beginning of the week or after a system upgrade call que's will be more active.
This person will be placed with a training tech to start to get some shadow time and listen to incoming calls. Once they are able to go out on their own they will be put into "limited ques". Client has the ability to limit the types of tickets a rep will see. For instance as they get more well versed in a certain technology they will open that Que to the Service Desk rep. As listed above this role is part customer service as well as technical support. Its critical that an incoming rep have strong communication as well as the ability to remain level during stressful calls. Depending on the area and client there are different SLA's and based on that reps will know which client is calling and calls are routed accordingly. In any given day depending on volume they could see 30+ tickets or only 10+. There is no minimum they need to hit on a given day.
Common Technologies Supported:
Windows OS (Win7), Lotus Notes, VPN Issues, Password Resets, Printer Mapping, CAT Proprietary System Support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Provides primary support in answering incoming calls via telephone, intranet / internet, e-mail, and fax.
* Creates service request in call tracking system with accuracy and timeliness.
* Provides timely notification and assignment to appropriate technicians to service calls.
* Monitors call notification process and other call activity, and escalate calls as necessary.
* Provides responsive and accurate administration of parts activity in the call tracking system, such as creating and receiving in-transit parts, receiving purchase orders, moving parts from one logistics location to another, and creating return authorizations.
* Assists in generating defined performance reports or charts to schedule.
* Keeps managers, Help Desk peers, and other IT technicians appropriately informed of problems and progress.
* Participates in team projects that enhance efficiencies of Help Desk services.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.