One of our legal clients is looking for a temporary Help Desk technician to provide support over the next 6 - 8 months.
* Diagnose individual and Firm-wide problems accurately, distinguishing between software, hardware and/or network issues
* Apply expert knowledge to assist with Windows 10 issue resolution, Outlook, MS Office 2013, Worksite, DTE, IE, Citrix, Acrobat, STBWeb and legal research tools to troubleshoot and resolve problems
* Educate users and team members on software and support issues
* Communicate clear, concise, step-by-step procedures to users
* Escalate Firm-wide system problems according to Department guidelines
* Create a call tracking ticket for every issue handled, including all relevant information in a concise manner when escalating user problems to 3rd level support
* Prioritize issues based on urgency and according to Department guidelines
* Follow up with users to ensure issues have been satisfactorily resolved
* Document troubleshooting steps to share with User Support and others as appropriate
* Make suggestions for departmental technical procedures and troubleshooting knowledgebase
* Troubleshoot with vendor support to resolve technical issues
* Understand all methods of accessing the Firm's systems remotely; effectively troubleshoot user remote access problems, e.g. Citrix, GoToMyPC, VPN
* Configure, test, and troubleshoot BlackBerry smartphones and other mobile devices
* Troubleshoot and resolve basic telephone equipment problems
* Perform other duties as assigned
* 2 to 4 years of relevant experience required
* Ability to present information effectively verbally and in writing
* Ability to communicate step-by-step procedures to users in a clear and concise manner
* Basic math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
* Working knowledge of Windows 7, iManage, MS Office, document comparison software (i.e. DeltaView), Diaries System, SharePoint, telephone support, BlackBerry, smartphones, tablets and laptops
* Ability to effectively prioritize and plan work to meet deadlines in high pressure environment
* Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong customer service skills
* Ability to master functionality of new Firm applications quickly and effectively
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.