The Helpdesk technician is a member of the IT support team providing Tier I & II level software, hardware, and network support. He or she is responsible for addressing customer support calls for IT related problems, providing call resolution, managing client network infrastructures and managing the ticket queue for all IT support issues.
Job Duties Include:
• Proactively manage and setup client network infrastructures for MAC and PC workstations.
• Performance Tuning and Monitoring for the entire desktop environment
• Develop and maintain documentation required to support the network infrastructure
• Provide ad-hoc IT maintenance support, troubleshoot, monitor and resolve desktop PC issues remotely and on site.
• PC setup/ MAC , re-image, hand load OS, application installation and software break/fix for machines.
• Add new systems to the backup / restore environment as required
• Identify system outages and ensure appropriate notifications are sent to customers
• Support on call assignment as scheduled
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Must have experience utilizing remote control software to troubleshoot and resolve PC & MAC desktop support issues.
• Specific experience in current MAC OS integrated into an Active Directory environment.
• Minimum two years' experience in a desktop support environment
• Understanding of network infrastructure environment (i.e. LAN/WAN)
• Degree in computer science, management information systems or similar preferred
• Microsoft Business Desktop Deployment skills very desirable
Required Technology Experience (Experience with 3 or more of the following):
• Windows 7 / 10 and Windows Server 2008/2012 in enterprise environments
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Ticket tracking software experience
• Active Directory
• Group Policy management
• System imaging
• Experience with Corporate based telephony solutions
• Experience with Internet based applications, Webinar, Video Conference
• Anti-malware/virus tools
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.