Top Three Skills:
1. 1-4 years of Helpdesk experience.
2. Experience troubleshooting in Windows 7.
3. Clear communications skills and previous experience in a call center environment/inbound calls.
Help Desk - Proficient
Position Purpose: A Proficient Help Desk technician acts as the first point of contact for technical support. Resolves basic technical problems via telephone and/or written correspondence or electronic media.
May have to work on a help desk system or a problem management database. Required to maintain a log of actions and client communication.
Escalates more complex problems or may provide support under general supervision.
Communicates with customers and will possess a wide range of technical competency and communication skills.
- Providing support for all end user hardware and software including the operating systems, office applications, various custom applications, printers, etc.
- Provide timely resolution of system/application problems as dispatched by the help desk through problem determination, ownership, root cause, problem logging and follow through to completion
- Implement hot fixes, patches, updates (obtaining support from more senior Helpdesk staff, as needed)
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
- Read technical manuals, dialogue with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
Knowledge and Experience
- Certification, college degree or BA in Computer Technology or equivalent training
- 1-2 years experience in call center or computer customer service
- hands-on experience in the troubleshooting and break/fix of this equipment
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) - W2K stream or above - would be an asset
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) - would be an asset
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge and experience on call center management system
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and LAN/WAN environment
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, Mobile Devices, and MS Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of industry standard
This is listed in the system as a 6 month contract to start off, however, manager has said if candidates do a good job he'll extend them for up to 2 years for the BAU role.
There is a plus with mobile technology knowledge, previous experience on IT service desks, any certifications, and always customer service orientated.
Who is the Internal/External Customer:
Internal Customers - any employee inside this company that has a computer. Most of the internal customers are Financial Advisors and corporate employees for this company
Impact to the Internal/External Customer:
When these technical issues are eliminated - it will increase employee productivity and efficiency. Call answer rate and abandonment rate will go down and therefore the satisfaction rate will go up.
Internal end users are experiencing Technical challenges that are slowing their productivity. For example - a locked password needs to be reset. The helpdesk is in need of additional support staff to answer the current volume of calls to meet SLA's.
Why work here?
Employee Value Proposition: This is a desk that truly allows you to solve technical problems! Great opportunity to gain technical knowledge and experience and position yourself for a long term career with this company. You will get a chance to work for a manager that has worked his way up from being an agent himself to now being the supervisor. Feedback from others we've had work there is he's a great manager and is someone that will have your back. He's also direct so you know where you stand with him and there are no games.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.