Monsanto is seeking a Herbicide Testing Biologist to become part of the Chemistry organization. They will perform greenhouse and growth chamber experiments using herbicide chemistry. This will involve test design, chemical application, data collection, and results interpretation. Reporting and consulting on test results will be a major part of the role.
This Research Associate has the opportunity to directly support Monsanto's global Chemistry portfolio. They have a critical role in the design and processing of experiments associated with product development and support.
• Selection and preparation of experimental plants
• Application of experimental chemistry.
• Scoring of experiments
• Producing reports and communicating them to stakeholders
• Providing interpretation and guidance in follow up experiments
• BS in weed science, agronomy, botany, horticulture, or related field of study with 3 years of work experience
• Working knowledge of herbicides
• Knowledge of plant growth development and research methods
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects through completion
• Effective computer skills, specifically using MS Office programs
•M.S. in weed science or agronomy
Previous experience in a research greenhouse environment
• Previous experience with both weed and crop species (corn, soy, cotton, canola, wheat)
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.