As a Hartford Financial Products Claims Analyst you will be responsible for handling a caseload of financial products claims of lower complexity and/or lower potential for significant exposure, from inception to final disposition. Claims handled could be from any financial lines product including commercial D&O, financial institutions D&O or E&O, fiduciary, employment practices, legal or miscellaneous malpractice, fidelity, cyber or technology. This role will also provide support to others requiring assistance and/or information in the management of claims of higher complexity. Responsibilities include all aspects of claim file management from assignment to conclusion but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Experience, education and skills:
- Conducting investigations and analyzing and evaluating the information learned;
- Accurately analyzing and determining coverage, liability and damages based upon the facts of each claim;
- Proactively managing caseload including evaluation of overall exposure and identification of potential financial impact to the policy, leading to the development of effective file strategy and sound reserve rationale;
- Communicating written position(s) to insured's and other required parties on coverage, liability, damages and other issues;
- Appropriately working with stakeholders including defense counsel, insured's and co-defendants;
- Proactively managing litigation and counsel, inclusive of litigation planning and execution, budgeting and bill review;
- Developing and implementing resolution strategies to achieve high quality outcomes;
- Ensuring files are appropriately documented;
- Presenting cases to management for expense or indemnity reserve authority on appropriate files;
- Preparing comprehensive reports to claim leadership on case developments and policy issues, etc.;
- Participating with others in the preparation for or attendance at mediations;
- Providing support to, and working collaboratively with unit members on case specific issues as needed, departmental reporting and/or projects, etc.
- Responding appropriately and timely to inquiries/requests for information from all business partners, including agents and policyholders, providing superior customer service.
Candidates should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Bachelor's degree required; professional designation and/or legal degree a plus;
- 1 to 3 years' experience at a law firm or insurance company highly desired;
- Basic knowledge/understanding of financial product lines coverage and liability exposure desired;
- Candidate should possess strong analytical skills and be disciplined and results-oriented.
Behaviors at The Hartford
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong strategic thinking abilities and execution skills;
- An ability to communicate thoughts clearly and concisely, and to influence and persuade others;
- Superior interpersonal skills, with an ability to work well as part of a team and/or in supporting roles.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
This position resides in our New York City office (midtown Manhattan).
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD