DSG (an RR Donnelley company) has an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work at our Seattle office in a retouch position. Utilizing digital manipulation, you will help maintain a high standard of consistency, accuracy, and quality for a wide variety of our customers.
- High-end image retouching of customer photography and artwork in RGB and CMYK color space.
- Creative retouching with customer guidance.
- Receive and interpret customer-specific preferences and instructions to achieve the best printed or web published results.
- Consult with Customers, Project Managers, and internal Quality Analysts regarding the impact of various image capture methodologies and related color/quality issues to achieve the desired results.
- Determine the proper color/retouching solutions needed to achieve desired results.
- Review and assess the quality of work done by other operators, and provide feedback though email and verbal communication.
- Ensure conformance to internal and external quality standards.
- Assist in creating and maintaining procedures and techniques for reducing process variations.
- Adapt to changes in workflows and variations of workflows between multiple clients.
- Create written procedures and adhere to established procedures in compliance with ISO 9001:2008.
- Practice good work habits and manage time effectively.
- Review and adhere to customer schedules.
- Analyze all customer materials, and resolve problems and questions prior to manufacture.
- Respond, in a timely fashion, to customer’s queries and to other manufacturing operations, as required.
- Maintain and monitor records for work in progress.
- Provide technical expertise and functional direction, as required, to customers.
- Maintain technical expertise through ongoing learning and by demonstrating proficiency with equipment, software, and processes.