High Horse Power Remanufacturing Technician
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Master Rebuild Center business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
An Extraordinary Cummins Technician...
• Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering.
• Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications.
• Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
• Mentors and coaches junior technicians.
• Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments.
Skills and Experience Required:
Follow established processes in the enterprise of disassembly, failure analysis documentation, inspection for reuse, assembly and testing of Cummins High Horsepower engines.
Know, follow, lead, and enforce all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
• Maintain records and part/component identity to work order process
• Manage work flow appropriately and as directed and consistent with Rebuild Production Schedule.
• Document, as required, activities and observations of critical technical aspects of engine disassembly and assembly and testing.
• Operate, and assist with maintenance, rebuild equipment and tooling safely and productively consistent with established practices of HHP Rebuild Department.
• Maintain safe, clean and tidy work area and contribute to cleanliness and safety of Rebuild facility and activities, contributing positively, as part of Team effort.
• Three to five years of diesel engine experience. This includes a clear understanding of parts and systems on the engine and the ability to reassemble an engine.
• Demonstrated ability to follow processes and become efficient on new processes quickly
• A detailed knowledge of diesel engines and demonstrated proficiency with extensive repairs of engines and components, observing established standard safety procedures
• Process oriented with a high awareness of safety and quality
• Skilled with computers to accesses data and information
• Awareness of operating in a re-manufacturing environment
Assist with operations of rebuild:
• Maintenance and repair of equipment in HHP rebuild
• Maintenance and storage of HHP rebuild tooling
• Cleanliness, tidiness of HHP facility
• Safety inspections and safety compliance
• Contribute positively to HHP team environment
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 50#.
• Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, and Protective Footwear as required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.