Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Maintain appropriate levels of air quality and temperature within all on site structures.. Appropriately maintain all heating, cooling, and thermal process equipment within all site structures.
Essential Job Functions:
Qualifications: Requirements and Qualifications:
- Perform packaging line setup and maintenance of packaging line equipment.
- Perform manufacturing and facility equipment maintenance, installations and repairs as needed by user department.
- Coordinate with various departments for preventive maintenance, calibration and break down maintenance of processing equipment.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts and consumable parts for equipment, identify critical spare parts.
- Monitor facilities and manufacturing operating equipment on a daily basis, troubleshooting problems and inefficiencies and recommending possible solutions.
- Coordinate the services of outside vendors when necessary.
- Execute equipment installation and operational qualification protocol.
- Maintain and organize the documents and procedures related to calibration, preventive maintenance, and breakdown maintenance.
- Participate in any regulatory inspections from various organizations such as USDA, Environmental Protection Agency, Utility Authorities, and local Fire Department.
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Provide after hours support and/or weekend emergency service.
- Must have experience in a GMP regulated environment.
- Strong technical ability and mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and repair equipment malfunctions.
- Must be able to provide after hours support and/or weekend emergency service support.
- City of Omaha 3rd grade boilers lic.
- Must be able to bend, lift, walk, sit, turn, and perform repetitive motion.
- Must be able to lift and/or move 50 - 75 lbs frequently.
- Must be able to climb ladders, operate scissor lift, operate fork lift, and operate pallet jack.
- Must have the ability to wear applicable personal protective equipment utilized at the site, including but not limited to respirators, safety glasses/goggles, and safety shoes.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement