Do you have a passion for health information management and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career at Parallon and apply today to be a Health Information Management (HIM) Specialist!
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
The HIM Specialist is primarily responsible for assisting the Facility HIM Leader by routinely performing duties in support of the management of the Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) workflow queues, the resolution of unbilled accounts, and the reporting of physician suspension status. In addition, the HIM Specialist serves as the primary point of contact when the Facility HIM Leader is unavailable. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Resolves accounts in one or more assigned HPF work queues (e.g. Cancelled Accounts, Unknown Documents, Facility HIM, Wait for Workflow Trigger, and Coding Pend for Queues) which requires research and analysis to determine the appropriate action to be taken.
- Resolves unbilled accounts which is critical to revenue cycle management that may include the following: spending significant time utilizing Meditech and HPF for research and analysis, determining which issues belong to which department, working with the appropriate department, following up with the department or physician to clear the accounts, ensuring the accounts move through the system appropriately, and escalating issues to leader when accounts cannot be resolved.
- Assists in resolving accounts in the eRequest queue, which includes, but is not limited to, payment window accounts, requests for sterilization forms, and pre-certifications.
- Adaptability - maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; able to adapt to change in environment, work structure/processes, or requirements positively and proficiently. Able to multitask effectively.
- Communications - communicates clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders; able to maintain effectiveness when dealing with difficult situations or people.
- Continuous Improvement - originating action to improve conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
- Customer Focus - ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind decisions and activities; implementing services and practices that meet the customers and organization's needs.
- Decision Making - identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for solving problems and taking action.
- Initiating Action - takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; responds quickly and independently, and takes action that goes beyond the job requirements in order to achieve objectives.
- Planning & Organizing - establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently; prioritizes critical activities and assignments; stays focused and uses time effectively, preventing irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering.
- Quality Orientation - accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Proficiency in computer skills and some knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- 2 years of experience in an office or hospital environment preferred. Previous experience in the handling of patient health information and/or medical records is strongly preferred.
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Check us out or follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/parallon-business-solutions
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom