The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). College Park Family Care is a Christ-centered medical practice within our HCA Physician Services Group, and every aspect of our practice is rooted in providing compassionate care to our patients and each other. Our goal is to provide compassionate, comprehensive care for every member of the family. We have more than 90 providers, including specialists who can meet all health care needs - from obstetrics and orthopedic surgeons to dermatologists and dietitians. At College Park Family Care, you can count on exceptional care from experienced, board-certified providers.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services. POSITION OVERVIEW
The HIM Tech is a key member of the Physician Practice and processes medical records and documentation to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Completing the necessary steps in medical releases.
- Organizing medical records for subpoenas.
- Completing injury reports.
- Verifying workers comp cases with employers.
- Coding workers comp encounter forms and setting up workers comp accounts in the Medic system.
- Completing appropriate forms for state Workers Comp Division.
- Coding and charging out x-ray reports.
- Assembling charts for the Occupational Med. Department.
- Completing monthly referral log.
- Demonstrating a working knowledge of computer systems used.
- Picking up and dropping off charts in the correct locations.
- Assembling new patient charts properly.
- Filing paper correctly in patient charts.
- Locating out of file charts.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must read and understand and adhere to all Physician Services policies and procedures.
- Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Values statements.
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- This position requires the following minimum requirements:
1. Knowledge of medical record filing system and provider numbers.
2. Knowledge of the legal aspects of releasing medical records.
3. Knowledge of medical record release policies and procedures.
4. Knowledge of workers compensation policies and procedures.
5. Knowledge of Occupational Medicine policies and procedures.
6. Knowledge of computer systems used.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom