Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Description: At AlliedBarton, quality starts and ends with our employees. It's their professionalism, competence and commitment that make the difference. Key Responsibilities:
Report all incidents, accidents or medical emergencies; provide medical assistance pursuant to need and training; maintain a friendly and professional demeanor; be good communicators; report to work on time and complete assigned shift; maintain a neat, professional appearance; and client instructions or guidelines. Responsibilities Specific to Assigned Client / Post:
Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) work as members of a pre-hospital emergency care medical team. They administer first aid treatment and other emergency care to sick or injured persons and assist with facilitating the transport to medical facilities. EMT's are not on site to provide security-related functions, but will notify the security team if they observe an occurrence that requires security presence.
- Respond to emergency calls from a dispatcher such as requests for medical assistance following emergency response proceedings.
- Determine the nature and extent of illness and injury.
- Establish priorities in order to determine procedures to be followed for emergency first aid or assistance. Request additional help, including special rescue and utility services.
- Provide emergency medical care and other treatment pursuant to EMT certification.
- Report all medical incidents, accidents or emergencies to include completing a Daily Activity Log on every shift, describing all activities. Complete an Incident Report documenting any medical response calls on client property.
- Maintain all assigned equipment and inventory of supplies.
- Maintain professionalism at all times and ensuring excellent customer service to the clients and their guest.
- Possess and maintain a State of Arizona certified EMT Basic, Intermediate, or Paramedic license.
- Current Health Care Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR card.
- At least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- At least one verifiable employer or Associates degree.
- No criminal convictions as specified under AlliedBarton guidelines and consistent with applicable law.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.
- Demonstrated ability to gain and maintain appropriate state and local permits and licenses.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.