Integrated Regional Laboratories Histotechnologsit II PRN (.001 FTE) Histology
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) includes thirteen HCA hospital laboratories in Palm Beach, Broward, Dade, Saint Lucie and Okeechobee counties and one Core Laboratory in Broward County. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations in the HCA East Florida market into an integrated service network.
I RL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
Prepares, processes and stains pathology tissue and cytology samples for review by the pathologist under the direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
Apply Online Now! Qualifications:
- Utilizes reagents and supplies appropriately.
- Embeds tissue specimens in correct orientation at a rate of 45 - 60 seconds per block.
- Sections paraffin blocks at an average rate of 35 - 40 blocks per hour.
- Produces sections of correct thickness with a minimum of cutting artifacts.
- Routine H & E stain performed according to Department procedure. Recognizes inferior staining prior to submitting and corrects the problem to meet standards.
- Performs any on-site special stains and histo-chemical methods according to Department Procedure Manual.
- Maintains working knowledge of procedural theory and utilizes knowledge in application of troubleshooting staining procedures.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Associates' degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Florida State licensure as a Histotechnologist is required
- Must have at least 5 years of experience
- Ability to work with minimal degree of supervision
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom