Processes, prepares slides and performs staining on all specimens submitted for examination. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the studentQualifications: Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Must be currently registered as a Histotechnologist by ASCP.
- Education: Requires BS degree plus completion of a NAACLS approved Histotechnician program
1. Prefer Pathology experience.
2. Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
3. Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
- Special qualifications: None
Degree of Supervision Required: Involves general guidance and direction by Supervisors and/or Department Director. The employee will be expected to perform job duties in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom