Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE's Gas Power Systems business is the global industry leader in efficient, reliable, and cost-effective conversion of fuel to power, serving a wide range of applications from small, mobile power to highly efficient, utility scale power plants. With our substantial technology heritage and the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines of any provider in the world, our specialized plant solutions address unique customer challenges, providing increased performance, fuel efficiency, lower emissions and operational flexibility.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
HMI User Experience Engineer
Plant Systems Engineering
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the HMI User Experience Engineer, you will enter an exciting career field where you will assist in the engineering of systems that protect and operate power plant controls. You will need to possess understanding of visualization software and engineering principles as well as exhibits project management and communication skills.
As the HMI User Experience Engineer, you will:
• Implement User Interfaces for turbine control new unit / retrofit using a variety of HMI software packages and modern web-based technologies
• Maintain UX object libraries for use across the fleet
• Validate system performance in collaboration with GE and third party providers
• Support communication networks for control system applications
• Support Engineering Services field personnel in technical resolution of field problems
• Handle multiple projects / activities
• Ensure quality is ingrained into our products and processes
• Create customized product documentation for internal and external customers
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
• Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time both domestically and internationally to support site installation at customer locations, or as business requires
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Hands-on experience with UX design
• Demonstrated aptitude for and interest in or experience working with industrial network communication protocols such as OPC, Modbus, TCP / IP, ProfiBus, and emerging technologies
• Strong background in HMI application software including Proficy CIMPLICITY and Historian based products
• Demonstrated interest in or experience working in the industrial controls or power generation industry
• Strong computer skills: experience with Windows based applications including Windows XP, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 7, Windows 2012 Server and proficiency in standard MS Office applications
• Technical skills in engineering design and construction practices
• Proven team player with solid cooperation, flexibility and demonstrated capacity to learn complex information quickly
• Field experience in related equipment
• Good oral and written communication skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.