Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Home Loans Prin Servicing Loan Ops Coordinator - Credit Bureau Reporting & Disputes
The Credit Bureau Disputes Team handles customer inquiries and disputes related to MSP credit reporting, as well as legacy portfolios.Disputes that are received directly from the customer to Capital One (direct disputes) receive a written response listing actions taken within 30 days.Disputes received from the major Credit Reporting Agencies (indirect disputes) are resolved by the deadlines provided by the agencies.If Credit Bureau Disputes determines that a credit reporting error occurred, corrections are submitted and servicing systems are updated with notes describing the changes made.Dispute responses are reviewed by a qualified peer reviewer to ensure there are no errors.
Credit Bureau Reporting and Disputes receive internal and external requests to research what was previously reported to the customer’s credit.We research incoming inquiries and disputes and respond within the regulatory required timeframe. We also complete detailed research of potential upstream process breakdowns that caused inaccurate credit reporting.
- Ensure research and responses are processed and completed within the regulatory required timeframe and accurately based on Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requirement
- Collaborate with upstream and downstream internal business partners to advocate for sufficient internal controls to ensure accurate reporting
- Communicate findings with various lines of business
- Review and interpret data inputs by all lines of business to determine what output should be triggered on the monthly Metro 2 reporting cycle
- Work with vendors and other external entities to provide reporting and remediate errors
- Review internal control reports to ensure accurate reporting, be able to find illogical data elements and process corrections
- Lead projects to improve processes
- Ensure all activities are performed in accordance with regulatory guidelines
- Communicate effectively with Compliance and/or internal Legal counsel to determine upstream or downstream process breakdowns which cause inaccurate reporting and regulatory violations
- Participate in multiple Prime events and remediation plans for any impacted accounts
- Utilize various servicing systems such as our Mortgage Servicing Platform (MSP), Advanced Loan Systems (ALS) and Profile servicing systems with little to no management oversight to complete research and responses to credit disputes
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification, or Military experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office- specifically Excel
- 2 years of Financial Services or Mortgage experience
- 2 Years of experience working with Credit Bureau Disputes
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.