Grace - Hospice Aide (Certified Nursing Assistant)
Grace Hospice is a partner of US Medical Management (USMM) and owned by a Fortune 250 company. Grace Hospice presents employees an opportunity to work in a unique healthcare continuum designed with world class patient care in mind. USMM has developed and manages several allied health properties which assist in the provision of home based primary care and furthers the value and efficiency of house call medicine. These organizations include national leaders in hospice, home care, visiting primary care physicians, a certified laboratory, and diagnostics.
Our program ensures that our patients will spend the final days of their journey in comfort and with dignity. If you are caring, compassionate and have a true desire to help others, becoming a member of the Grace Hospice team may be the perfect opportunity for you.
The Hospice Aide
provides personal care, supportive services, education, and light household duties. The aide will communicate changes to the RN Case Manager and complete documentation to reflect assigned duties set by the RN Case Manager. The Hospice Aide will utilize the IDT team to assist in this process.
- Supports agency and corporate policies, goals, and objectives.
- Promotes a positive working relationship within agency.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, as requested.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to supervisor.
- Assists with personal care including:
- Tub, shower, whirlpool or bed bath
- Shampoo hair
- Nail and skin care
- Oral hygiene
- Toileting and elimination
- Safe transfer technique and ambulation
- Range of motion
- Dressing changes as directed on POC
- Takes vital signs as directed by RN case manager
- Assists with family needs at time of death
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Successful completion of a State-established or other training program that meets federal requirements
- Successful completion of a competency evaluation program or State licensure program that meets federal requirements
A Hospice Aide may be used by the agency providing licensed hospice services if the aide meets one of the following requirements:
- A minimum of one year full-time experience in direct client care in an institutional setting (hospital or nursing facility);
- One year full-time experience within the last five years in direct client care in an agency setting;
- Satisfactorily completed a training and competency evaluation program that complies with the requirements of this section;
- Satisfactorily completed a competency evaluation program that complies with the requirements of this section;
Submitted to the agency documentation from the director of programs or the dean of a school of nursing that states that the individual is a nursing student who has demonstrated competency in providing basic nursing skills in accordance with the school's curriculum
- A Hospice Aide must have provided hospice services within the previous 24 months.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver's license, auto liability insurance and dependable vehicle for work in the service area.
A little about us:
Our mission is to provide high quality, compassionate and cost-effective care to our patients through clinical leadership, outcomes management and maintaining an ethical workplace.