McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Responsible for the sale of certain products or services. Duties involve direct one-to-one communication with customer or client. Performs field promotion work and develops new accounts. Demonstrates products and/ or services and provides assistance in the best application of product or services. Answers all questions concerning products or services and refers questions as necessary. May coordinate company product support (including technical engineering support) and services to ascertain customer's needs. May close transactions and take orders. May estimate time and sales expenses expected and submit to management. May analyze records of present and past sales, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenue, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred. Interprets accounts, trends, and records to management. Sells to new and present clients. Contacts prospects and explains features and merits of products or services offered, utilizing persuasive sales techniques.
Territory covers Eastern Washington, Idaho, Oregon & Utah. Candidates need to live within the territory.
5 years B2B field sales experience
• Experience and understanding of selling in an acute care hospital departments and setting
• Strong knowledge of laboratory diagnostics and operations of reference laboratories
• Must be able to travel daily within assigned territory with several overnights weekly
• Ability to strategically build relationships with sales leadership, customers, vendors, and GPO partners
• Ability to take ownership, influence others, and drive the sales process from inception to close
• Proven experience working in complex situations and negotiating with senior level decision makers
• High level of accountability and a go to resource for both internal and external customers
• Must be performance driven with a proven track record of success from previous roles and ability to consistently achieve sales objectives
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Medical Technologist certification preferred
• Distribution experience
• Manufacture experience
• Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point proficiency
• Utilization of CRM & forecasting tools experience
• 4-year college degree in business or related field or equivalent experience in a laboratory setting
Physical / Other Requirements
• Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• Must keep Credentialing requirements current for hospital access
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.