Under general direction of the Manager/Supervisor, Account Services, the Hospital Pharmacy Account Specialists supports key strategic direction and ongoing support of corporate customer relationship management related to customers defined as Strategic as set by the Sr. Mgr/Dir of Strategic Services. Works with internal teams to reinforce the support and services relationship. Including, but not limited to, responsible for documenting customer support needs within defined and standard toolset, providing relevant customer and internal-facing reporting/analytics, participating in customer meetings, and supporting customer stock/inventory needs essential to maintaining favorable customer relations. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Supports corporate strategic level customers, buying group and GPOs related to pricing errors, contract loading, forms and document follow up, quality assurance, pricing integrity, terms consistency, contract pricing issues , as well as product availability support and stocking requests.
- Supports decisions related to overall customer strategic services offerings included within ongoing relationship. Participates from prospecting through contract award.
- Implements the training and development activities for the team to support and respond to customer inquiries, requests and issues.
- Collaborates and participates with Onboarding team activities to ensure proper hand-off post-implementation.
- Provides escalation support within the Strategic Services Specialist organization to support the overall customer relationship.
- Supports allocation, drug shortage, product availability and other relevant activities.
- Proactively produce, identify and analyze purchasing trends within strategic customer base and escalate to appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce and monitor reports such as Allocation, SOA, Market Shortage, and Key Shortage Update for key customers as well as facilitation/coordination of additional reports based on customer requests.
- Partner with sales personnel and associates to create and deliver customer presentations; address and resolve customer concerns as needed.
- Assist customer after the shortage is resolved to move inventory based on needs
- Deliver designated customer-facing training plan designed to reinforce adherence to level buying practices, allocation and SOA policies at the corporate/GPO level.
- Submit credit memos prior to generating final credit to the customer.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Normally requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years related and progressively responsible experience.
- Hospital and/or retail pharmacy operations experience
- Pharmacy Technician certification and/or relevant IDN experience preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong customer service skills
- Hospital pharmacy technician experience highly preferred
- Hospital pharmacy purchasing experience highly desired
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good decision making skills
- Influencing ability
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with ABC products, services and pharmaceutical distribution operations
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of computers necessary to operate effectively with company systems and programs.
- Demonstrates ability to handle competing priorities and maintain tight deadlines.