• Adherence of Standards of Operation.
• Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
• Provides customer service to patients by delivering meals and taking special requests.
• Communicates effectively and responds to requests in a timely manner.
• Checks patients' meals for accuracy and stocks nursing units with nourishments and menus.
• Communicates concerns to the team.
• Responsible for completing tasks as assigned.
• Provides service recovery as needed.
• Maintains documentation of completed services and actions taken.
Education: High school diploma/GED preferred
Licensure/certification/registration: Food Handlers Certificate
Experience: Prior Food Service, Prior Customer Service Experience
Special Skills & Qualifications: Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing.
AGES OF PATIENTS SERVED: 1 - 11 years (Child/Pediatric); 12 -17 years (Adolescent); 18 - 64 years (Adult); 65 years and older (Geriatric)
MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS: The incumbent must manage stress appropriately, make decisions under pressure, manage anger/fear/hostility/violence, handle multiple priorities and be able to work alone.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: The incumbent may be exposed to toxics/caustics/chemicals/detergents,
extreme conditions hot/cold (30F-115F), potential electrical shock and moving mechanical parts. The incumbent will spend approximately 75% of their time indoors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs. This position also requires that the incumbent, on some occasions, must be able to lift and/or carry items up to 25 pounds, push or pull items having a maximum weight of 50 pounds and be able to stoop, bend or kneel as necessary. During normal execution of the responsibilities of this job, the incumbent will sit approximately 10% of the time, stand 10% of the time and walk 80% of the time. This position will also require repetitive arm/hand movements and the incumbent must have visual acuity for near objects.
CONTACTS / INTERACTS WITH: Employees, Visitors, Patients, Management Staff, Physicians, Volunteers
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom