MEDICAL CITY PLANO
• Adherence of Standards of Operation.
• Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
• Provides customer service to patients by delivering meals and taking special requests.
• Communicates effectively and responds to requests in a timely manner.
• Checks patients' meals for accuracy and stocks nursing units with nourishment and menus.
• Communicates concerns to the team.
• Responsible for completing tasks as assigned.
• Provides service recovery as needed.
• Maintains documentation of completed services and actions taken.
Education: High school diploma/GED preferred
Licensure/certification/registration: Food Handlers Certificate
Experience: Prior Food Service, Prior Customer Service Experience
Special Skills & Qualifications: Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing.
AGES OF PATIENTS SERVED: 1 - 11 years (Child/Pediatric); 12 -17 years (Adolescent); 18 - 64 years (Adult); 65 years and older (Geriatric)
MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS: The incumbent must manage stress appropriately, make decisions under pressure, manage anger/fear/hostility/violence, handle multiple priorities and be able to work alone.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: The incumbent may be exposed to toxic/caustics/chemicals/detergents, extreme conditions hot/cold (30F-115F), potential electrical shock and moving mechanical parts. The incumbent will spend approximately 75% of their time indoors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs. This position also requires that the incumbent, on some occasions, must be able to lift and/or carry items up to 25 pounds, push or pull items having a maximum weight of 50 pounds and be able to stoop, bend or kneel as necessary. During normal execution of the responsibilities of this job, the incumbent will sit approximately 10% of the time, stand 10% of the time and walk 80% of the time. This position will also require repetitive arm/hand movements and the incumbent must have visual acuity for near objects.
CONTACTS / INTERACTS WITH: Employees, Visitors, Patients, Management Staff, Physicians, Volunteers