Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Primary Objective of Position:
To provide a warm, welcoming greeting to our guests, and to ensure that the guests' dining
experience is exceptional. To ensure that guests are seated in a timely manner, and to provide a
sincere and heartfelt thank you to each guest as they leave.Essential Functions:
- Maintains a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean and professional image.
- Greets guests and opens the door for each Guest, upon entering and departing.
- Answers telephone within 3 rings and answers questions or directs calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Effectively and efficiently manages the wait list, as well as the call ahead list.
- Escorts guests as soon as possible to appropriate table.
- Communicate Guest questions or concerns to Managers as appropriate.
- Bids farewell to guests leaving. Ensures everything was satisfactory and invites guests to return.
- Keeps foyer, host area, wait area and cocktail tables clean and free of clutter.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the Host station: Ensures all menus are stocked and properly cleaned and maintained. Checks for restocking of necessary supplies. Brings all areas up to standard. Discusses problem areas with manager.
- Inspects restrooms periodically and maintains cleanliness standards.
- Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action that may be taken.
- Assists other team members as needed or when business needs dictate.
Qualifications: Qualification Standards:
- Ability to read English.
- Stands/walks during 100% of shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops and wipes frequently.
- Ability to verbalize clearly and respond to Guests.
- Lift up to 30 lbs. several times per shift when business needs dictate.
- High School Degree or GED preferred. Current student considered.
- Previous experience in food service or related field is preferred.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.