Overview: Ab out Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
This position is r esponsible for providing the highest level of food and beverage service in accordance with Aramark standards. Serves food and beverages to 20-30 guests at a time. Clears and re-sets tables quickly and efficiently. Practices "aggressive hospitality" and shows professionalism with guests, co-workers, and management. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Reports to property on time and in proper uniform.
- Checks with Manager for assigned dining room station, opening side work, and closing side work duties.
- Reports to line-up for review of the day's activities, groups in house, and menus.
- Sets-up, organizes, maintains, and closes the restaurant or banquet functions ensuring that areas are stocked and cleaned.
- Moves quickly with good balance carrying up to 20 lb. on a tray.
- Converses with guests, makes suggestions, and answers questions regarding food and beverages constantly.
- Clears and re-sets tables constantly.
- Maintains cleanliness of tables at all times - clearing empty glassware, plates, etc.
- Maintains full knowledge of menu items and specials.
- Rings all food and beverage items into the Micros computer accurately at all times.
- Communicates with guest and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Participates in proper sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Maintains full knowledge of service standards.
- Follows the Aramark Business Conduct Policy.
- Must be T.I.P's certified and follow all rules and guidelines set forth for ensuring responsible beverage service.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
• Delivers patients' meal trays and food items in assigned areas according to established procedures, quality standards, sanitary food service practices, and universal precautions.
• Greets patients in a courteous and professional manner and offers assistance with meal trays according to established procedures.
• Communicates relevant information in a responsive manner to personnel in other departments to ensure quality patient care.
• Identifies patients correctly by checking bed/wrist identification against the name written on the patients' menu.
• Maintains floor stock inventories, as assigned, and restocks cart daily. Maintains sanitation of floor supplies stock cart.
• Makes recommendations for nourishments to clinical staff.
• Cleans patient rooms daily and provides trash removal.
• Offers refills on hot beverages and substitutions or corrections on meal trays (according to menu).
• Adheres to all ARAMARK appearance standards and maintains a professional dress at all times while working.
• Reports any problems found during meal service to dietitian or zone manager and takes corrective action to resolve any issues as they arise.
- Job Qualifications
• High School Degree or G.E.D. preferred. Current student considered.
• Previous experience in food service or related field is preferred.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
• Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculation
- At least one-year experience as a food server within a restaurant, hotel, or conference center operation.
- Any related customer service/oriented experience will be considered.
- Requires full understanding and knowledge of food and beverage standards.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in fluent English.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol.
- Possess interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality.
- Ability to move quickly while balancing large and small trays of food and drinks to and from service areas.
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.