Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
The Host/Hostess position is a compilation of all restaurant duties and responsibilities. Hosts/Hostesses establish a welcoming atmosphere from the minute a guest arrives at the restaurant. Restaurant reservations are taken, table allocations are coordinated and guests are shown to their table. This position requires individuals with a high attention to detail, accurate cashier skills, and a strong dedication to customer service along with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Shift hours will vary with the type of event and is a permanent part time position.
Status and Scope:
- This is an event-related position.
- Prior to doors opening, ensure host/hostess desk is clean and presentable and well supplied with clean and updated menus.
- Assist in the set-up and closure of The Grill restaurant and lounge as needed or directed.
- Greet guests immediately upon arrival in a friendly and professional manner.
- Escort guests to their assigned table, provide the menus, and ensure they are satisfied with their table.
- Provide the Server"s name.
- Communicate any changes or special arrangements to the Lead Host/Hostess and assigned Server accordingly.
- Maintain full awareness of circumstances affecting quality of guests' experience including assisting fellow team members to enhance the guests' experience.
- Remain in position until the Grill is no longer receiving guests and perform all duties for closing at the receptionist desk.
- Adhere to safety and sanitation standards.
- Adhere to work and break schedules.
- Comply with uniform and appearance policy.
- Communicate well in an English-speaking environment.
- Commit to 100% guest satisfaction.
- Be flexible with adjustments to duties and work area assignments on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- The Host/Hostess reports to the Food and Beverage Manager
- Must have the ability to follow all safety and sanitation procedures
- Position requires a strong customer service focus, strong communication a positive attitude
- Must be able to work efficiently - prepared to help wherever needed
- Should be able to work all department shifts.
- Good customer service skills and a pleasant manner
- Good organizational skills
- Prior experience in a high volume restaurant position
- Must complete Serve Safe Food Handlers certification
- Must be fluent in the English language
Cash Register, Printer, Telephone, Computer, POS System Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds Physical Requirements:
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.