Hotel Consulting | Project Manager
Oracle Hospitality delivers a wide range of software, hardware, and related services-along with a rapidly growing portfolio of cloud solutions-to enable our customers in the hospitality industry to provide superior service and experience to their guests anywhere. As an Oracle Hospitality Project Manager you will have 5 years of professional work experience as an IT Project Manager or Associate Project Manager with client facing skills. Project Managers do not have direct reports but they coordinate client site product installations and manage the day to day onsite activities during the product installation process.
- Manages the delivery of Oracle PMS and POS Product implementation projects for clients in the Hotel industry
- Acts as the point of contact for customers and internal resources on assigned projects
- Ensures customers successfully migrate to the Oracle PMS or POS solution in the most optimal way, with an effective transition to support upon project closure
- Oversees the scope during the course of the project and collaboratively adjusts scope where necessary ensuring adherence to established project change management process
- Owns project financials; owns data quality and accuracy in financial reporting
- Control and review all travel requirements and expenses, ensuring alignment to project budgets
- Accurately forecasts and manages assigned budget and provides weekly/monthly financial reporting for projects, incorporating risk
- Provides project reporting, including spend, ad-hoc analysis, and presents issues requiring attention by senior management. Escalates issues as required
- Executes project management deliverables within budget and as per approved project plan, working with customers to develop content of those deliverables
- Monitors project health continuously and engages management as required if project health changes
- Anticipates and effectively manages risks; aligns decisions to Oracle's risk profile
- Provides direction and support to the implementation team and review deliverables prepared
- 5 years in Hotel Hospitality
- 5 years using POS or PMS extensively
- 5 years in customer facing experience
- 2 years in Project Management experience
- Willing to travel up to 40% as needed
- Typically leads the delivery of Tier 1 projects ($1MM )
- Ability to manage major or large scale and complex system projects through all phases of the project life cycle
- Proven business acumen; strategic thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Proven ability to present and meet with "C" level customers
- Able to address steering committee review boards
- Proven ability to deliver results in an environment where resources are shared across multiple competing groups
As a member of the Consulting organization, you are responsible for ensuring that a quality, integrated software solution is delivered in a timely manner, at budget, and to our client*s satisfaction. This involves working closely with the client to understand and manage their expectations, as well as working closely with Oracle and third-party vendors to ensure delivery.
Creates and manages an overall project plan (including budget, structure, schedule, and staffing needs) for one or more Oracle engagements. Monitors and reports progress/changes against the plan. Drives implementation by providing motivation and direction.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. A BS or BA in related fields. 5-7 year overall experience in functional or technical role. Two years experience in multi-dimensional issue resolution.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.