Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Position Summary:
Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the restrooms, as well as public and lounge areas to meet guest satisfaction. This includes daily cleaning of public areas, restocking supplies, assisting guests with luggage, assisting with special functions, and seasonal cleanings. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Prepare cleaning solutions by mixing chemicals and water to the proper specifications
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of floor closets and vending areas.
- Cleans public areas, lobbies, rest rooms (associate and guest), hallways, corridors, stairways, and parking lots
- Clean other designated areas such as public restrooms, fixtures, vending areas, storage areas, and other public areas.
- Report all maintenance problems for guest satisfaction
- Responsible for turning in all lost and found articles to the housekeeping office to be logged
- Assist guests with baggage
- Clean floors, rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies using brooms, mops, vacuum cleaners, shampooers and waxing equipment
- Dust, sweep, hose, and maintain ceilings, walls, walkways, stairwells, and designated areas
- Replenish supplies and other items for lobby, public areas and restrooms.
- Maintain all ground level terraces and patios
- Provide snow removal, including pop off from snow tents, clearing pathways and guest areas.
- Set up and break down of weddings, conferences, and other special functions
- Comply with all Aramark and the client's policies and procedures
- Follow all of Aramark's safety and sanitation policies
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and/or overtime; additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
- Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Build and maintain fires in all fireplaces
- Empty all trashcans and recycling bins into proper disposal areas
- Keep back docks and recycling areas clean
- Assist guests with luggage to and from their rooms
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
The work hours of a porter will be mainly evening oriented shifts (3pm-11pm typically) but may vary as business demands. Position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry up to 25 lbs. Must be able to work and walk outdoors in the sun and perform physically demanding tasks of cleaning dusty or dirty areas. Must have the ability to bend constantly. Must be able to accurately carry out instructions. Must be able to complete repetitive tasks. Attention to detail is vital to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained.
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
- Must be able to carry/lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to transport supplies using a proper cart, constantly reach high areas, sweep and shovel
- Ability to communicate clearly in English to express ideas and information.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have prior customer service experience
- Exhibit basic Math Skills
Telephone, Cleaning Solutions, Broom, Vacuum, Lifting Requirements:
HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds Physical Requirements:
BENDING CONSTANT HEARING FREQUENT REACHING FREQUENT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING FREQUENT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.