Eastside Medical Center has been a healthcare leader for more than 37 years providing quality care to patients in Gwinnett and surrounding counties. Eastside is a 310-bed, multi-campus system of care offering comprehensive medical and surgical programs including cardiovascular, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, rehabilitation, maternity with neonatal intensive care, behavioral health, bariatric, and 24-hour emergency care.
Our medical staff of 500 board certified physicians, 1,200 employees and 400 volunteers is committed to providing our community a healthcare system of excellence. Eastside has earned full Chest Pain Center Accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, The Joint Commission's "Gold Seal of Approval" for quality and safety in disease-specific joint replacement care, the Blue Distinction Centers Program for Spine Surgery and Gold Plus status for stroke care, and the Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for superior performance in patient safety. The Breast Imaging and Diagnostic Center is designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the FDA.
• Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
• Promotes customer service initiatives along with Eastside Medical Center's Service Values.
• Documents all patient care.
• Utilizes Nursing Process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
• Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
• Promotes compliance with Nursing Patient Safety Goals.
• Functions as a liaison for patients, families, staff and physicians.
Department Specific Criteria:
• Performs duties in accordance with unit specific standards of care and evidenced by documentation, observation and competencies.
• Provides support to own department and to other departments when requested.
• Makes rounds to provide clinical support.
• Appropriately staff based on acuity and census and documents in computer staffing system
• Communicates with Managers/Directors when needed.
• Assumes administrative role in crisis management as appropriate.
• Notifies Administrator On Call as appropriate for identified issues.
• Provides leadership to staff.
• Follow policies and procedures regarding safety and universal precautions.
• Participates in process improvement team.
• Maintains patient/employee confidentiality and privacy.
• Supports the function of bed management.
• Current Georgia RN licensure
• BLS - American Heart Association - required
• ACLS - American Heart Association - preferred
• Three (3) years experience as RN in acute care nursing
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Analytical and critical thinking skills
• Decision-making and negotiation skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom