Mainland Medical Center - Texas City, TX House Supervisor
Founded in 1952, Mainland Medical Center
has been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
Mainland Medical Center is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include:
Mainland Medical Center
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Emergency Services
- Level II Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit
- Occupational Health and Wellness
- Senior Mental Health
- Women's Services
is currently looking for a House Supervisor (RN). POSITION GOAL:
The House Supervisor is responsible for coordinating with the various units and departments, assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and delivering nursing care for patients and the non-nursing activities within the Hospital setting. The House Supervisor oversees employees providing quality patient care in the age ranges as listed: neonatal, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients considering their physical needs and limitations. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Experience:
- Performs administrative tasks as assigned by Administration (i.e., disaster management, MOT)
- Assures that RNs prescribe, delegate and coordinate the nursing care provided throughout the Hospital on his/her given shift.
- Seeks opportunities to improve patient satisfaction.
- Assures personnel follows Hospital and Corporate policies and procedures, safety and infection control manuals and assures that these manuals and policies are maintained and current.
- Assures that the Hospital follows guidelines for accrediting agencies such as state and federal regulatory agencies and JCAHO requirements by attending all required in-services pertaining to such guidelines. Assures compliance with standards of business practice.
- Serves as a resource person and expert in nursing care; assists in coordinating activities of nursing personnel and staff and participates in formulating nursing systems where care is delivered.
- Assures staffing of the nursing departments are adequate.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Adheres to and complies with HCA's ethics and compliance policies in the Code of Conduct as part of our Ethics and Compliance Program. Attends annual training sessions.
- Develops, maintains, and implements a Performance Improvement Program.
- Defines and operationalizes nursing care standards. Participates in patient care in the role of expert instructor.
- Performs role as Advocate for customers in management and collaborative initiatives.
- Ensures staff satisfaction - advocates respectful appreciative climate and facilitates conflict resolution.
- Coordinates admission and bed placement of patients on a given shift.
- Assures Hospital policies and procedures are followed for Pharmacy after-hours services.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum 3 years of clinical experience in hospital or related healthcare setting and at least 2 years of progressive management experience preferred. Education:
Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred and with a current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas. Special Qualifications:
Comprehensive skill level and experience demonstrating clinical competence required to evaluate clinical competency of nursing staff members and to supervise nursing care throughout the Hospital. Ability to communicate verbally, non-verbally and in writing, i.e., email, in an effective manner. Ability to successfully manage stress. Has adopted and exhibits Customer Service Behaviors. Must be able to interact well with patients and peers. Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served, including:
1. Knowledge of growth and development over the life-span and its implications on performing procedures.
2. Ability to communicate to patients in age-appropriate manner and to appropriately involve significant others
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom