LewisGale Hospital Montgomery (LGHM) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia. Montgomery is located in the backyard of the Virginia Tech University
campus. LGHM is a HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) hospital and are considered a 146-bed acute care facility . Most importantly, we hold a distinction for being a Magnet Facility and are recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer . Consider being a part of making a difference in our community by joining our facility!
Job Duties Include:
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, physicians and all aspects of the health care team. Effectively promotes and enforces customer service standards for all departments. Supports department directors with staff and provides nursing department directors feedback regarding staff performance and/or problems.
- Maintains accurate staffing and census reports.
- Acts as in-house resource for staff, patients, visitors, and physicians. In role as resource to staff, gives special attention to employees in their orientation period in order to assist with establishing their competency.
- Assists units and families with patient deaths.
- Responds to potential and/or actual emergency situations with direct and appropriate actions. (i.e. RRT, Code Blue, Code Sespis, MEWS & PEWS Trauma Alerts)
- Works with the Transfer Center to obtain and communicate bed assignments. Coordinates transportation to units for transfers and/or admissions.
- Communicates with peers, nurse managers, and others to exchange feedback on service issues and to solve problems, including patient and physician complaints.
- Demonstrates ability in using hospital information systems including on-line forms required for position including notifications, code critique, chart review as needed.
- Pursues opportunities to enhance personal and professional growth.
- Assists with the orientation of new hires including new shift administrators as needed.
- Assures management of other specific routines including responding to unit requests for pharmaceuticals after hours following established procedures; notifying all personnel and coordinating posting of OR cases after hours; assisting with stat c-sections or set up of NICU services after hours.
- Regularly rounds on units and in patient areas to interact with patients, families, and visitors to identify opportunity to improve the patient experience.
Required - Two years experience as a Registered Nurse with demonstrated proficiency in customer services, leadership and management skills.
Preferred - Five years clinical experience with critical care experience and experience in a management role. EDUCATION
Required - Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Virginia. BSN degree. CERTIFICATION:
Required - Currently licenced in Virginia by the State Board of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse
ACLS within 90 days of starting.
Preferred - Professional Organization Membership
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom