Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
To lead and direct the Housekeeping and Laundry teams in maintaining and exceeding the highest quality standards on a daily basis. The standards should be met by leading, training, developing, communicating, and motivating the location personnel whereby the results that are achieved are in accordance with goals and objectives, performance and quality standards established by the location. Essential Functions:
- Assists the Housekeeping Manager with daily duties
- Ensures that all housekeepers report to duty punctually, well-groomed, and in proper attire
- Assists in the development and implementation of schedules, duties, apparel, appearance, and conduct of all housekeeping staff
- Ensures the establishment of effective and responsible guest relations and administers lost and found policy and procedure to ensure that all items are turned in daily and logged.
- Works closely with the maintenance department to insure that all repairs are done and cleaned before the guest arrives
- Directs the control of linen counts and handling, and maintains an inventory of rooms
- Orders and distributes all supplies and equipment, controlling costs
- Responsible for the motivation of housekeeping staff and ensuring the efficient use of staff to maximize productivity
- Ensures that all work areas are neat, clean, and organized and performs such other duties as required or directed
- Responsible for ensuring that employee housing is cleaned twice each week
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve the required results.
- Minimum two full years of supervisory experience in a related field.
- Must be able to read, write, and clearly speak English.
- Must be able to demonstrate good communication and organizational skills.
- Computer knowledge is a plus.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.