Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description Job Summary:
To lead and direct the Housekeeping and Laundry teams in maintaining and exceeding the highest quality standards on a daily basis. The standards should be met by leading, training, developing, communicating, and motivating the location personnel whereby the results that are achieved are in accordance with goals and objectives, performance and quality standards established by the location. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Understands, follows, and enforces all Aramark/location policies and procedures.
- Ensures that emergency procedures are understood so that in the event of an emergency the procedures are executed with accuracy and in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are understood and followed to maintain a safe working environment.
- Ensures that location priorities are met in an accurate and timely fashion. Consistently evaluates and provide feedback to the appropriate department.
- Reviews present and future business and communicates all information and changes to all personnel departmentally and interdepartmentally.
- Understands all pertinent aspects of Fidelio/ Micros systems.
- Ensures the proper delivery and retrieval of guest requests such as extra pillows, blankets, and refrigerators.
- Represents Aramark and the location in such a manner as to enhance their reputation.
- Attends all mandatory training and meetings.
- Consistently strives to improve the communication process and always follows up with Housekeeping Director.
- Ensures proper key control at all times.
- Thoroughly completes other projects as assigned.
- Process maintenance work tickets and follows up to ensure the work requested has been completed in a timely fashion.
- Conducts frequent tours of the location to ensure that continuous quality improvements are being achieved. Documents findings of the tours and ensure that the information is passed onto the appropriate personnel.
- Conducts department line-ups to ensure that pertinent information is being communicated on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all employees are well groomed, in proper uniform, and have a name tag.
- Ensures that Material Safety Data Sheets are updated and are kept in prominent locations in Housekeeping and Laundry. Ensures that OSHA standards are met on a daily basis.
- Maintains a high level of morale and cooperation.
- Communicates all appropriate information to managers' and employees and always maintain an open door policy for employees and managers' to comment and give feedback.
- Uses good judgment, common sense, and fairness in decisions with all employees.
- Leads all employees in such a manner as to obtain the best service at all times, at maximum work efficiency and at the highest level of quality.
- Gives guidance to employees in their personal and professional development so they are prepared for opportunities to advance themselves.
- Maintains constant inspections of areas and gives pointers to employees on how to achieve the best results.
- Requires a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve the required results.
- Minimum two full years of supervisory experience in a related field.
- Must be able to read, write, and clearly speak English.
- Must be able to demonstrate good communication and organizational skills.
- Computer knowledge is a plus.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.