High performance computing (HPC) clusters run some of the world's most demanding applications like those that help predict dangerous weather, model car crashes, and find more effective ways to fight cancer. We help people build HPC solutions from some of the world's most powerful systems through individual user platforms. We're looking for someone to join our team and help users fuel their insights through broad use of scientific computing.
A cluster systems engineer will need to develop a working knowledge of systems software components, hardware components, and parallel programming models. This position will get to work with key Intel building blocks aimed at HPC systems including the latest Intel processors, high-performance fabric, and many more technologies.
This position will also build skills in software development and systems debugging while working directly with senior engineering staff to tackle complex systems integration challenges. You will gain expertise in solutions design, server architecture, and systems software in a high-demand area of industry.
Candidates should have strong communication skills and work well in a team environment. The cluster systems engineer will help:
- Build and expand on elements of the Intel(R) Scalable System Framework
- Develop and build cluster reference designs using the latest Intel technologies
- Prototype and develop innovative features for cluster system software components
- Evaluate, test, and validate cluster systems components
- Provide rapid response and support for stakeholders
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/ classes/ research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
Candidate must have 6 months of work or educational experience in the following:
- Linux systems
- C/C programming skills and/or Perl or Python scripting
- HPC cluster building and/or cluster provisioning
- MPI and other parallel programming models
- Intel architecture
- Hands-on server/hardware debugging
- Linux system administration
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.