IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries. Bottom line? We out-think ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The High Performance Computer (HPC) Program Manager will manage highly complex, mission critical system delivery, installation, maintenance and support projects and serve as a primary focal point for assigned Customer account(s). Other responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Direct, execute, and control all elements of assigned project(s)
- Present and discuss with the Customer PM and leadership as well as IBM leadership the most current and realistic status of the contractual effort and to provide access to all pertinent records
- Ensure software & hardware support efforts are fully coordinated and seamlessly integrated with other project efforts
- Participate and/or drive the development of new technology project proposals
- Own and manage relationships with appropriate vendors/ business partners in support of current and/or future projects
- Manage all technical staff for assigned projects
- Ensure assigned project(s) are managed within scope, schedule and budget using proven project management tools and methodologies
- PMP certification preferred
- Must be able to be approved (pass a minimum background investigation) for a clearance, not required to start
Work location: Remote work permitted, prefer candidates on the Eastern corridor. Occasional travel to the DC metro area.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.