HPC Software Applications Engineer - Manufacturing Job Description
Segment Software Services Group's Technical Computing Engineering team helps shape future software and platforms used by top enterprise and HPC customers to solve the world's most challenging problems.
We are seeking a motivated HPC Software Applications Engineer to drive transformational performance leadership in the Manufacturing vertical, particularly Multiphysics/structures, CFD and Crash.
This position requires exceptional software engineering and optimization skills re-architecting applications for unprecedented workload concurrency, SIMD and advanced memory systems. Expertise using distributed and shared memory parallelism is a must have. Development of innovative algorithms on IA is encouraged and the ability to implement and prove them on upcoming new technologies and in large computing environments for best performance on Intel Architecture will be critical.
Successful candidates must also possess strong verbal and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work in a demanding team-oriented environment while also collaborating with customers in the external scientific computing community.
The successful candidate will be expected to stay abreast of and contribute to new developments in state-of-the art approaches to geosciences, HPC and computer architecture, and contribute to the development of Intel's intellectual property and influence of future Intel architectures.
Joining a team of application engineers and computer architects, you will be working on a top of class engineering team on software optimization and tuning for multi and many core x86 platforms. You will help redefine how the world develops Manufacturing and CEA applications and the future platforms that will transform them.
This position also offers an opportunity to advance the state-of-the-art by implementing advanced applications hosted on novel computing platforms, in collaboration with ISV and end-user customers. You will drive optimization and benchmarking projects that lead to unprecedented workload concurrency in leading applications, system software, and developer tools.Qualifications
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a relevant engineering discipline AND 6 years of experience in the development, performance analysis and optimization or PhD-d in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or a relevant engineering discipline AND 3 years of post-PhD research experience with development, performance profiling and optimization of large HPC applications
- Demonstrated proficiency in FORTRAN, C, C , parallel programming e.g., MPI, OpenMP, SIMD, numerical analysis
- Knowledge of characterizing and modelling behavior of complex workloads on large scale Linux clusters
- Excellent knowledge of Hardware and Software parallel architectures
- Excellent customer communication and collaboration skills
Inside this Business Group
- Manufacturing, CAE or Multiphysics domain-specific experience
- Mix of creativity and analytical skills who can deliver results quickly
- In-depth knowledge of GPU programming, OpenCL
- Demonstrated innovations in HPC and Manufacturing algorithms through publications
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.