Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The position is responsible for providing technical support to the HPV Purification facility while actively supporting, participating in, and embracing an empowered culture. Specifically, the position will be required to:
- Lead and/or work independently as a team member on manufacturing investigations, validation, and/or continuous improvement projects.
- Monitors the health of the process through continuous monitoring. May be required to support Continuous Process Verification efforts.
- Provides technical support to the manufacturing shop for non-routine problems and issues.
- Generates, and may conduct, experimental protocols using appropriate laboratory facilities and/or production equipment.
- Authors and updates technical and manufacturing documents to support process changes, investigations, engineering/demonstration work, and validations.
- Supports regulatory inspections activities.
- Strong Chromatography background and column packing experience.
- BS Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biochemistry, or applicable Engineering or Sciences
- Two or more years experience in GMP manufacturing and/or technical support of GMP manufacturing operations (or a MS)
- Vaccine or Pharmaceutical manufacturing background with practical knowledge of typical purification operations (e.g. chromatography, ultrafiltration, etc.).
- Experience with mechanical aspects of operating, including pumps, valves, instrumentation, etc.
- Experience with DeltaV automation.
- Experience with statistical tools, such as JMP and/or Minitab
- Six Sigma Certification.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement