The HR administrator provides administrative support to the HR function as needed (e.g., correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry). The HR administrator also ensures work is completed in accordance with federal and state regulations and that policies are followed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Process required new-hire documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Work closely with Payroll in processing all new hires, terminations and personnel changes in HRMS, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Conduct new-employee orientations to ensure associates gain an understanding of benefits plans and enrollment provisions. May counsel associates (and potential associates/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefits decisions. Ensure Welcome Packet is sent to each new hire.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Assists with annual open enrollment activity each year. Assist with distribution of plan summary materials and required notices; assist with arrangement for onsite representations. May conduct associate presentations. Process changes within deadlines.
- Process monthly billings from various providers. Review billings for accuracy, code, obtain approval and advance for payment. Resolve any discrepancies with providers, finance, payroll and/or the company. Generate reports for management as requested.
- Strive to ensure employee understanding of benefits programs by regularly generating communication and counseling associates/dependents as situations arise. Resolve associate complaints related to health and welfare plans; refer difficult or very complex complaints to manager as needed.
- Act as a resource for associates/payroll/HR contacts/benefits to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefits, pay and HR policies and regulations.
- Assists with and reports on various HR activities such as performance review tracking, eFile maintenance, verifications of employment, awards programs, onboarding/exit interview surveys, unemployment claims processing, and any other activities as may be assigned.
- Oversee and assist with the administration of various employee recognition programs and activities.
- Assist HRD and/or VPHR with special projects, as needed.
- Prepare reports related to compliance or other HR areas.
- Coordinate onsite meetings as requested.
- HR / Business Expertise - Must have knowledge of general business and HR requirements including governmental regulations.
- Communication - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, handbook, policy manuals or governmental regulations using the English language.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Relationship Management - Demonstrated ability to work with various levels of the organization in a highly respectful manner.
- Critical Evaluation - Ability to analyze information and recognize variances to standards/regulations.
- Well versed in problem analysis/decision making process and identifying sound solutions.
- Strong Excel skills and ability to transform data into complex charts and graphs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business and three years of human resource experience; or any combination of education, training or experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- SHRM Professional Human Resources (SHRM-PHR) credential preferred.
- Experience administering employee benefits, including health, welfare and 401(k) a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain reporting in Excel using V-look-up and pivot tables, charts and graphs.
- Experience with HRIS and payroll systems, such as ADP EV5 a plus.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.