The HR Advisor provides a wide range of HR generalist activities including talent management, performance management, employee development, compensation, and training support for Refining Technology and Engineering (RTE) globally. This position will require the individual to have excellent generalist skills and be able to provide HR leadership and project management that enhances business results and drives performance.
Refining Technology and Engineering (RTE) provides technical expertise and support to refineries worldwide which are operated or supported by the BP Group. RTE focuses on new technology development and implementation, project engineering, and commercial support to grow and sustain the business longer term. RTE is predominately based in Naperville, IL, US, and Sunbury, UK, with staff located at or near our global refineries including the US, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, and Australia.Key accountabilities
- Talent Management - Develop and implement solutions that will help RTE build and maintain a highly capable organization. Support the organization in sustaining a succession planning process that leads to impactful gains in employee development. Partner with business leaders to drive resourcing strategies for the organization and execute seamless delivery of the process. Lead the graduate recruitment process for RTE.
- Development - Champion ongoing use and expansion of technical career paths. Support HR Manager in further growth of the RTE Talent and Capability value stream. Oversee the RTE Development programs including graduate and rotational programs.
- Performance & Reward - Lead the annual performance assessment and reward process for RTE to include developing guidelines, preparing and issuing communications, supporting each team in their individual calibrations, and supporting the roll-up of the collective plans for approval. Serve as organizational single point of accountability for Group or Segment performance and reward initiatives.
- Culture - Develop solutions and help create a positive organizational culture, in line with our values and business priorities. Proactively manage and communicate organizational change efforts. Contribute to the development of the annual D&I plan and lead activities and initiatives in support of organizational objectives. Support the continuing efforts to embed the BP Values and Behaviors and People Book in the organization.
- Client Partnership - Build positive, productive, and enduring relationships with customers. Coach, counsel, encourage, and listen to Leaders as they work through people-related challenges. Focus on deeply understanding customers' needs and collaboratively developing solutions to issues that arise. Be a trusted advisor for the organization.
- Employee Relations and Engagement - Act as point of contact for employee relations matters. Support team leaders in the delivery of investigations, disciplinary processes, and effective performance conversations, when necessary. Advise line management on employment policies and procedures to enable improvement in working practices and productivity and without adverse impact on regulatory / legal compliance, company reputation or employee engagement. Support employees by providing guidance and resources to help address concerns or resolve issues.
- HR Policy Administration and Services - Ensure business compliance with HR polices and programs. Adept in developing new policies and procedures. Advise HR leadership and business leadership on local legal, regulatory, and company requirements. Conduct various data analyses and compile into meaningful information and recommendations. Ensure silent running of HR operational activities, coach team leaders and individual contributors.
Minimum of a Bachelor degree required.Essential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Minimum of seven years of HR Generalist experience and be able to make proactive HR interventions in response to business need.
- Proven track record of HR business partnering across the range of core HR disciplines, including Resourcing, Talent Management, Change Management, Diversity & Inclusion, and Employee Relations.Experience with Microsoft suite of applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) as well as HRIS systems (e.g., SAP).
- Demonstrated business focus. Self-directed, process-oriented, strong business acumen, and experience at driving change.
- Ability to function well independently, demonstrate ownership and self-sufficiency for project management and the achievement of agreed upon results.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with constantly changing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to manage and deliver high quality performance on multiple, simultaneous strategic, value-added tasks and priorities.
- Numerate with strong analytical ability.
- Resilience, drive and determination.
- Ability to build productive relationships with employees at all levels of the organization..
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Ability to develop "fit-for-purpose" HR solutions.
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Masters Degree preferred.
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
Negligible travelIs this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Downstream Segment is responsible for the supply and trading, refining, marketing and transportation of crude oil and petroleum products to wholesale and retail customers. We market our products in over 100 countries, operating primarily in Asia, Europe and North America but also in Australia, Africa and Central and South America.Segment
[ "02-Jan-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.