Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
This job requires the performance of a professional and responsible individual that is able to provide excellent customer service while answering telephone inquiries from employees, retirees, line HR, and vendors.
• Make all customer calls the #1 priority. 85% phone availability.
• Handle all customer calls with the highest level of customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
• Research and resolve all customer issues and concerns using desktop resources and subject matter experts.
• Communicate accurately all plan rules and provisions.
• Document accurately and timely online call notes in a manner that others can understand the nature of the call and actions taken for resolution.
• Support Human Resources in their use of benefit resources and assigned administrative tasks (i.e., must understand resource content and administrative process).
• Coach employee on use of external resources.
• Return all phone and email customer inquiries within 48 hours.
• Research inquiries against Call guide, SPD's and other tools/job aids.
• Share ideas for service and process improvements at team meetings.
• Maintain ongoing documentation of process and procedures.
• Perform related duties as assigned by Benefits Contact Center Manager.
• 2 years of customer service experience in a benefits call center setting is required.
• Knowledge of employee benefits plans and administration is expected.
• Organized approach to working in a multi-task position with excellent attention to detail and deadlines with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to research and interpret benefit plan rules.
• Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communication.
• Proficiency in usage of basic Microsoft Office applications.
• Requires high school diploma with 2-4 years of experience or an Associate degree in the focused areas of administrative and staff support services required.
• Proficient in OneSource OAB, Word, Excel, Lotus Notes.
• Must exercise initiative and ownership in the performance of handling a high volume of incoming employee benefits calls and emails.
• Be able to accurately interpret, administer, and articulate complex plan and administrative rules; be able to think logically and actively listen.
• Position also includes administrative tasks associated with employee enrollment and eligibility.
• The call center hours of operation are from Monday - Friday, 7am to 6pm CT. All candidates must be available to work within these hours.
• Work under general supervision.
• Independently perform most team functions without assistance.
• Strive to resolve most questions and problems on a first call basis.
• Escalate only the most complex issues to specialists.
• Be able to welcome feedback from call monitoring and coaching sessions and then turn those areas of opportunities into strengths by implementing feedback into daily routine.
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Benefits include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected bylaw. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins.
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.