Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
This unique position encompasses both Human Resources Generalist and Analyst responsibilities in Sales Compensation, Payroll, HR data management and client support. As part of a team, this positon serves as a liaison with sales managers, employees and other HR business partners. They ensure all facets of pay are processed accurately and on a timely basis, while managing data integrity. This includes timecard management, supporting sales compensation calculations, and taking a proactive and analytical approach to data and/or employee relations by identifying issues, making recommendations and implementing solutions. II. Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Responsible for the coordination and collection of information used to calculate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales bonus/commission payments, timecard management, retroactive transactions, programming accruals and processing exceptions.
- Maintains data integrity by taking a proactive and analytical approach to set up new business departments, identify issues and make recommendations for improvements.
- Works with managers, compensation, HR data management groups, the Sales Comp Admin team and payroll to ensure that all facets of pay are processed accurately and on a timely basis in compliance with plan guidelines and policy.
- Serves as a liaison to managers to introduce, implement and administer compensation programs. Provides high touch support during a monthly pay cycle.
- Processes user access requests to systems and applications, following departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Responsible for producing and delivering training through presentations, job aids and other forms of communication to the business regarding compensation administration and compliance.
- Assists with completing transactions or responding to basic and general inquires in compliance with policies, practices and other business work instructions.
- Provides data and analytics to the business to effectively evaluate the performance vs. pay relationship of sales incentive programs and ensure individuals are rewarded for behaviors aligned with business objectives.
- Presents metrics, benchmarks and leverages other analytical tools in order to support continuous improvement of operations and management of the business.
This job has no supervisory duties IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job. A. Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar area of study, and three years previous experience in an analytical role supporting human resources, sales operations or finance. B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
None required. C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
V. Work Environment
- Analytical ability to ensure that modeling of overall compensation costs and development of pay calculation specifications are accurate
- High level, high volume of tact and ability to handle sensitive information
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to make effective presentations to various levels of management
- Working knowledge of desktop software, including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Power Point
- High level of expertise in Excel required
- Operates independently on a day-to-day basis and is responsive to deadlines
- Knowledge of ASIP, PeopleSoft, Kronos or other Compensation Applications is a plus
- Self starter, adaptable to constant change and posses strong organizational, quantitative and analytical skills; ability to determine trends and propose solutions
- Self motivated willingness to learn and self teach
- Ability to actively participate on working teams
- Ability to work with and protect confidential information required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.