Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
The HR Consultant will provide client-focused people solutions that drive business results. This includes workforce planning, talent management, change management, organizational development, performance management, talent sourcing, succession planning, compensation planning, and project related work. The HR Consultant will work closely with the HR Leader for MetLife Investments and will act as the key resource for multiple business led people related projects.
- Serve as HR Business Partner/Consultant interface to MetLife Investments employees providing guidance across HR disciplines
- Contribute to client strategy and objective setting regarding human capital management throughout the entire business planning and implementation cycle
- Participate in the execution of a comprehensive and integrated client human capital plan to enable business strategy and objectives, in alignment with the enterprise human capital plan
- Manage the planning and delivery of core HR process deliverables including compensation planning, performance management, talent & development planning, organizational redesign and other HR related processes
- Act as key HR advisor on multiple business led projects/initiatives including campus recruiting, mentoring program, organizational health action teams, and new hire business orientation
- Engage and partner with Regional (EMEA, Asia, LATAM) HR colleagues who support Investments employees locally
- Consult on talent management and organization design/development in partnership with HR Leader and Talent Management consultants. Assist in the process to ensure organizational design plan is aligned to business strategy, and is executed flawlessly including job evaluations, communications, and realignment with HR systems
- Bachelor’s degree and previous HR Business Partner/Generalist experience
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of overall HR products and services to deliver solutions to clients
- Strong MS Excel proficiency
- Ability to influence, persuade, negotiate and drive change with client groups
- Creative and innovative problem solver
- Excellent conflict resolution and negotiation
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 51622
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.