We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
The HR Business Partner supports executives in all aspects of people operations. With supervision, they will develop and implement people strategies that are aligned with the needs of their businesses. This position will influence the assigned client group to achieve their business results, while aligning to the corporate and people strategies of the organization. Essential Job Functions
- Partners with business leadership to promote a positive, productive, diverse and supportive working environment and culture within the organization. Primarily interacts with executives 2 levels below CEO, but will also interact as needed with line and supervisory management, as well as individual employees, on complex human resource and employment issues.
- Will be involved in a wide variety of issues and initiatives including: staffing, induction, compliance, employee relations, training and development, performance management, disciplinary actions, change management, employee communications, equitable and consistent treatment of all employees, effective complaint investigation and problem resolution, and fair employment practices, workforce planning, amongst other things.
- Broker HR services and leverage the support of CoE’s and specialists within the HR function as well as outside of HR, to assist in the design and development of solutions.
- Ensures that all policies and practices are enforced in a manner compliant with all applicable employment and other laws and regulations governing employer / employee relationships, for the population supported. Communicates and clarifies company policies to the various parties involved. Influences the implementation of policies and practices that ensure that adequate and accurate records are maintained relative to an employee's ongoing behavior and relationship with the organization.
- May conduct investigations and compile data on individual issues and make recommendations for action based on the compiled findings.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, bending, talking, and hearing. Travel required dependent on BU services. Physical Environment
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment. Education Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR management, or related field required; Graduate degree preferred. Experience Requirements
Minimum of 5 years of HR experience. Special Skill Requirement
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
- Substantial business acumen.
- Ability to influence the business strategy and broker HR services.
- Ability to identify opportunities and to take action across the enterprise in a collaborative manner.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates leadership within the HR function and across the enterprise.
- Ability to develop and execute clear, actionable steps to bring initiatives to conclusion.
- Ability to collect and synthesize large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to recognize trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis.
- Significant knowledge of HR policies, processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management, organizational design), and talent management practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
A little about us: