HR Business Partner Consultant - Austin,TX
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000ZIK
HR Business Partner – Global Advanced Engineering Operations & Technology – Austin, TX
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within Client Solutions at Dell, we are looking for an HR Business Partner to join our team in Austin, TX.
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfill your ambitions and potential.
We have an opening for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to support our Global Advanced Engineering Operations & Technology functions. Global Engineering Operations is a ~800 people, global function supporting the range of Dell’s product and solutions portfolio. Key locations for the org are the United States, Brazil, China, Malaysia, Ireland, and Poland.
This is a global organization that is responsible for manufacturing engineering, test and production innovation for the client, server, storage and solutions product portfolios.
This role will be responsible for working with executive business leaders to both develop and implement the people strategy. The People Strategy includes the areas of talent, leadership, business strategy/transformation, organizational development and effectiveness, organizational health, workforce optimization, change management, rewards and culture.
* Viewed as a business partner, change agent, and member of the line leadership staff
* Consults with the business to define and activate the People Strategy
* Leads and implements business specific projects and initiatives to deliver on specific business requirements and outcomes
* Provides counsel and coaching to leadership and manages overall business relationship
* Serves as the primary HR interface for the segment/function providing an integrated HR solution
* Scans and benchmarks the marketplace to identify and leverage best practices / trends to influence the business and HR agenda.
* Partners across HR and with other Business Units, including finance and sales ops, to influence decisions and provide end-to-end business solutions in line with the businesses affordability envelope
* Drives company-wide programs, initiatives and core HR programs (e.g. Diversity action planning, Rewards, Pay Planning, , Performance Management Cycle, Tell Dell, Succession Planning, Leadership Development, etc.)
* Partners with the Centers of Excellence (COE) and provides input to design business appropriate solutions; responsible for the delivery and execution of Global COE talent management programs
* Partner with HR Services for appropriate design and execution of business requirements, ensuring legal and infrastructure compliance
* Partners with TA & Talent Services, etc., on talent forecasting, VNP staff augmentation needs etc.
* Undergraduate and 8-10 years of relevant experience or Graduate degree and 6-8 years of relevant experience. Specific experience needed in in Strategy Development, Organization Design, Talent Management, Diversity & Inclusion and Change Management
* Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives to effective HR strategies;
* Relevant experience driving org design, talent and change efforts to effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business objectives;
* Strong client relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with executive leaders, including the ability to influence decision makers to think strategically and critically;
* Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and respond to HR and company metrics;
* Demonstrated ability to drive broad complex projects to successful completion;
* Some travel between sites will be required
* Skilled with MS Office Suite required. Power point & Excel are critical skills
/ Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: // Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. /
**Job:** **Human Resources - Business Partner*
**Organization:** **Human Resources*
**Title:** *HR Business Partner Consultant - Austin,TX*
**Requisition ID:** *16000ZIK*