The Human Resources Business Partner will be a strategic business partner to executive and senior leadership at the corporate office. The incumbent will have a proven track record as a proactive, solution oriented HR leader focused on driving value to the business. This value will be built on creating a foundation that factors in elements of organizational development, talent management, change management, organizational design, and creating business cases to prove out organizational initiatives and projects.Key Responsibilities:
The Human Resource Business Partner at the Phoenix Home Office is responsible for providing strategic HR support to multiple business units at the Home Office.
- Functions as key business partner with an emphasis in Human Resources. Will partner closely with EVPs, SVPs, and VPs within the organizational unit to develop and execute critical business and organizational strategies.
- Provides leadership, guidance and counsel on matters related to talent, organizational change, human capital, employee engagement etc.
- Assesses HR implications of the business strategy, identifies opportunities to further meet business needs, and designs solutions.
- Is a credible coach and confidante to these leadership teams, as well as a strong employee advocate.
- Develops and executes HR plans, processes, and programs aligned with business objectives, including organizational design, succession planning, talent management/acquisition, goal alignment, employee engagement and communications.
- Provides guidance to leadership on talent management/development and succession planning to ensure the right talent capabilities and bench strength are developed to support the business
- Investigates and provides counsel on associate relations often in partnership with the business, Legal, and Ethics and Compliance and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Uses relevant business data to create justifications, provide metrics, and create business cases to communicate and/or develop strategic HR programs.
- Serves as change management advocate to positively impact organizational effectiveness; provides guidance and coaching to leadership team on change management;
- Drives and enables cultural transformation to support a progressive, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Collaborates with other HR partners and leaders to share best practices, critical needs issues, and initiatives.
- Provides coaching and guidance to managers on organizational development related matters, including organizational analysis, strategy, structure and key processes to support organizational/business needs
- Coaches and advises on appropriate total rewards strategies, programs, and tools to enhance organizational performance and employee engagement
- Collaborates with senior colleagues and shared resources in the centers of expertise in order to apply sufficient HR resources to meet the business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- 5 - 10 years' experience in the Human Resources Function, with preference in a Generalist background
- Must possess strong skills/experience in business partnership
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and delivery with proven, measurable results
- Strong talent management, leadership development, performance management, and org development experience.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple, conflicting priorities with a proactive approach and enterprise focus
- Demonstrated success in creating an environment of trust with clients where integrity is unquestioned; can effectively utilize negotiation and conflict resolution skills when needed
- Ability to analyze HR metrics for use in developing goals and driving key business strategies and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communications skills with all levels of the organization required
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures business compliance
- Preferred SPHR/PHR certificate
- Proficiency in using Microsoft software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
A little about us:
If you're a devoted pet parent or an animal lover, you'll find a company that truly supports its associates and empowers them to succeed. Join us to help create a better world for pets and our pet parents.