HR Business Partner-(Global Operations)-Austin, TX
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posted: October 19, 2017
Reference ID: R14519
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Dells Global Supply Chain and Global Operations team is hiring an HR Business partner to support this large global organization. This position will be located in Austin, Texas.
The HR business partner is responsible for working with the team to understand the business strategy and to identify opportunities to increase organizational effectiveness and productivity. The HRBP will be responsible for developing and executing human capital strategies and activities that enable growth, innovation and overall organizational effectiveness. Additionally, the HRBP will be responsible for driving corporate led initiatives with the team and communicating how these programs fit in with the overall business and HR strategy. This HRBP must be able to communicate at the executive level, collaborate across boundaries and geographies and work with colleagues across the business and across the broad HR team. This role will regularly need to align and collaborate with the Global Operations business team around the world, the regional HR services teams, Employee Relations specialists and other internal HR specialty teams talent acquisition, talent management and compensation and benefits. The business partner will be the trusted advisor for the leadership team. They will participate as an extended member of the executive team and will provide coaching and counsel.
Primary alignment to one business unit. Consults with executive and senior leaders in areas of organization design and development in support of business strategy. Facilitates organization and leadership development efforts, working with executives and team members to identify and address root causes of human resources issues. Ensures compliance with corporate policy at the business unit or division level.
- Serves as the primary HR interface for the segment/function providing an integrated HR solution
- Viewed as a business partner, change agent, and member of the line leadership staff
- Consults with the business leaders on talent, leadership, business strategy/transformation, organizational development and effectiveness, organizational health, workforce optimization, change management, rewards and culture
- Consults with the business to define and activate the People Strategy
- Scans and benchmarks the marketplace to identify and leverage best practices / trends to influence the business and HR agenda.
- Leads and implements business specific projects and initiatives to deliver on specific business requirements and outcomes
- Provides counsel and coaching to leadership and manages overall business relationship
- Partners across HR and with other BUs to influence decisions and provide end-to-end business solutions in line with the businesses affordability envelope
-We are looking for candidates with a strong background in Human Resources and or business management experience, HR performance management processes, and HR Business partner experience with large-scale, complex, globally distributed organizations.
-Typically requires 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelors degree; or 8+ years with a Masters degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
-Strong communication skills, including the ability to work with Sr. executive leaders and drive complex people capitol programs
-Experience working across organizations, geographies and diverse cultures
-Competent to work in HR Performance Management, compensation, and training and development
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages."lipriority"
Job Family: Human Resources
Job ID: R14519